The DrayTek Vigor 2500 ADSL router is designed to be the ideal
ADSL-sharing and firewall device for to the SoHo (Small Office / Home) user. It
combines performance, features and price into an attractive, relible and
easy-to-use product, with the pedigree and thoughtful design DrayTek are
Features at a glance
- Built-in ADSL modem - plugs directly into your ADSL-enabled line
- ADSL Microfilter included
- Universal Plug'n'Play (uPnP) for support of MSN Messenger etc.
- Firewall - Help protect your PCs from external hackers.
- NAT Port redirection, forwarding and DMZ
- VPN Passthrough for VPN client/server running behind the router
- 4-Port 10/100BaseT Ethernet Switch (with automatic uplink detection) for PC/Mac
- Automatic support for popular multimedia applications including Netmeeting &
MSN Messenger for multiple LAN users.
- Dynamic DNS Posting, compatible with popular services
- Easy configuration, monitoring & control from web-interface
- DNS Proxy/Cache & DHCP Server
The Vigor2500 router has direct ADSL support - it plugs directly into an ADSL-enabled line with the supplied cable and microfilter.
Note, you may want to order additional microfilters if you have several phone extensions on the line. No additional modem is required
and the Vigor2500 will automatically adjust for regular ADSL, RADSL and downstream rates up to 8Mb/s. The Vigor2500 is suitable for
both self-install ADSL (also known as 'wires only') and original-style BT-installed ADSL lines. The Vigor2600 is compatible with all ISPs
in the UK and Channel Islands.
Windows UPnP™ Compatible
The Vigor2500 supports Microsoft's uPnP technology. This is a protocol to enable applications behind the firewall to open ports
necessary to communicate with remote users. This is of particular use with Peer-to-Peer (P2P) applications such as MSN Messenger.
This enables users to make full use of user-to-user audio and video teleconferencing and application/screen sharing without having to
manually set up 'open ports' or port redirections for each application and each user. Currently Microsoft offer uPnP on Windows XP only.
uPnP is different from PnP, which Windows users have used for several years to enable PCs to recognise attached peripherals automatically.
uPnP is about 'firewall discovery', gateway awareness at the O/S level, and automatic opening for traffic for applications.
Vigor 2500 Ethernet Switch
The Vigor2500 has a built-in four-port Ethernet switch to connect to your PCs.
It is auto-sensing (10/100BaseT) and can run full or half-duplex. Additionally,
any of the ports will automatically detect a crossover cable, or uplink to
another switch/hub and switch to 'uplink' mode when required - no need for
crossover cables or special ports. If you have more than four PCs, you can
easily uplink into a larger switch or hub.
Vigor 2500 Specification
- ADSL Interface compliant with :
- ADSL & RADSL
- ATM Protocols : G.DMT, AAL5, ATM UNI3.1/4.0 PVC, up to 8PVCs, MPoA (RFC1483/2684), OAM F4/F5 Loopback (ITU-T I.610), ILMI, Annex A.
- Auto-Rate Negotiation (512Kb/s-8Mb/s Downstream). RADSL compatible.
- Comprehensive Routing Facilities including :
- Internet Protocols : PPP (RFC 1661), PPPoE (RFC 2516), PPPoA (RFC2364), IPoA (RFC1577/RFC2225)
- LAN Protocols : ARP, Proxy ARP, IP, ICMP, IGMP, UDP, TCP
- Authentication Protocols : PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
- DNS Proxy & Cache
- Universal Plug'n'Play (uPnP) support
- Firewall Facilities :
- Keepstate packet monitoring
- Protection against DoS/DDos attacks, SYN/Ping-of-Death, IP Anti-Spoofing
- Default Port Blocking through NAT
- User definable packet filtering
- Built-in Ethernet switch featuring :
- Four port 10/100BaseT auto-selecting IEEE802.3
- Automatic selection of full/half duplex
- Automatic selection of regular/uplink mode (no more finding the right
- Auto detects connection to another switch or hub
- Dual-colour LED for each port to indicate operating speed
- NAT (Network Address Translation) featuring :
- Port forwarding - individual ports (with optional translation) and ranges of ports
- Open internal servers up for external access
- DMZ - For passthrough of all protocols/data to a single internal client
- DHCP Server - User configurable
- Easy to use Web-based User Interface, management with optional IP address restriction.
- Management Logging/Monitoring via :
- Web (Browser) based interface
- Telnet Interface
- Flash-Upgradable memory for firmware upgrades/enhancements by TFTP (utility included)
- Support for local Class C network (up to 253 local users) or smaller subnets.
- Physical Characteristics:
- Dark Blue ABS Case
- Flash Upgradable firmware (across LAN using DrayTek TFTP utility)
- 11 Status LEDs, incouding throughput indicators
- Dimensions (mm) : L 218 x W 158 x H 36
- Weight : 399 grams approx
- Maximum Power Consumption : 10W approx
- Client O/S Compatibility : Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Linux & MacOS8/9/X
- Warranty : Three (3) year manufacturer's RTB warranty
- Box contents : Router, UK PSU, ADSL-Microfilter, Ethernet cable (1.8M), ADSL RJ11 Line cable (1.8M), Quickstart manual,
Utility & Documentation CD-ROM, Wall-mounting screws